Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

This week I received a court "paper-a summons" in the mail…

Customer Question
Hello this week I...

Hello this week I received a court "paper-a summons" in the mail for student loans from a so called Navient Credit Financial corp which is not the original lender. they claim I owe loans from 6/30/2011. I never been summoned before and unfortunately am currently unemployed and pregnant. I can not afford to pay the amount being charged. I would like to know how should I Answer to the the summons

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

New york this week I received the paperwork in the mail

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

No, I would like my finial situation to be taken into consideration and possibly be exempt to pay back

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ready

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am broke

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/13/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Click here to see sample response to a debt collections Summons. Click here for common defenses to a debt collection case. Click here for general information on answering Summons.

Unfortunately, your debt is not going to be forgiven because you are currently unemployed and pregnant. Unless you are permanently disabled and have no hope of ever finding another job, you remain liable for the debt.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes and have a wonderful day,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.