Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Am I able to sue a car company for giving me false paperwork…

Customer Question
Am I able to...

Am I able to sue a car company for giving me false paperwork for my car 2017 and also I had bought a brand new 2017 Nissan Sentra and it was delivered to Mexico for me to pick up but when I picked up the car it had 262 kilometers on it and they tried to tell me that it was them testing it but it leave 60 kilometers in accounted for and we just got pulled over and the cops told us the paperwork was falsified so when it comes back in their system we will be investigated for false papers toward our car (the paper I am talking about is a 30 day pass to drive our car for having no plates

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The company is in United States to Mexico and the car is brand new 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?

My ideal outcome would be to sue the car company for giving me and my husband fake paperwork for our car

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were pulled over the cops took our money and told us our paperwork for the car is fake

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/13/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, you can file lawsuit against the company for damages you sustained as a result of the "fake" documents presented to you.

You may consider retaining consumer Attorney in U.S.A in the State where the company is located to assist you with the lawsuit. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.