Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

It's time to renew my lease, but I'm looking for assisted…

Customer Question
It's time to renew...

It's time to renew my lease, but I'm looking for assisted living. If I find an assisted living facility before my lease is up, how can I move to assiste living without penalties and 60 day written notice

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

What manufacturer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I should be using a wheelchair but it doesn't fit into kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom so I use a walker which does not fit into the bathroom. No bars in bathroom, no walk=in shower, so I wash at the sink.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/12/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. This would need to be something that you work out, with the landlord. If you are unable to remain because of your need for accommodations and the landlord can not provide those in your rental, you could ask the landlord to release you, so they may not have to make those and incur the cost. If you need a wheelchair and the rental is not accessible for it and there are other issues, you can use that in your argument to be released and advise the landlord that the rental does not allow for accommodations because of your disability.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!