Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hope so. I was in a bad motorcycle accident a few years…

Customer Question
I hope so. I...

I hope so. I was in a bad motorcycle accident a few years ago that left me physically disabled. I found a way to make a living by day trading on the stock market and for the last couple years it’s been able to support myself with that and have for the most part been Self supportive. In September I was given a faulty router From Time Warner and at the time of the nose the router but I was getting disconnected from the Internet intermittently and while I was working at the worst possible moment it disconnected me and prevented me from being able to put the orders through that I needed to And by the time I got back on I was on it I had lost a lot of money and in essence it was my working capital and and almost put me out of business. I wrote to the CEO and then some other top executives of the company and they had Someone contact me and review the case and apologize (there was a whole bunch of other stuff that in the meantime) and tell me how bad they felt in the day and they would as a sign of their regret it be under two months of service of which ended up being only one month but it’s cost me probably about $30-40k so far and I’ve been trying salvage what I can. I still have serious health, I have a horrible attorney for my malpractice cases that is behaving unethically and has screwed up my cases and hired a discbarred attorney to work on them which in CA is illegal in the way that he’s handled it and didn’t disclose it I found out by accident. So I have way more on my plate than I can handle now add to it this huge screw up that has i essence out me out of the one job or way to earn a income that I am able to do. They know they’re wrong but unless gets involved they’re not going to do anything to make good on the damage they caused me. Any suggestions?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I contacted Time Warner who provided me with the router but not the actual manufacturer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It then resulted in Schwab screwing up the next day where they liquidated the stock even though the money to cover the cost of it was in my account and they screwed up and made the situation far worse than it already was. They’ve assigned a client advocate to me but they won’t do anything unless there’s a lawyer involved.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/12/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you an sue the cable provider for $40K because you missed a few stock trades?