Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I gave permission to a friend who became homeless to use my…

Customer Question
Hi... I gave permission...

Hi... I gave permission to a friend who became homeless to use my debit card to pay a firm, $120 to straighten out his credit to help him. The firm, "Lexington Law" has been taking $120 out of my account since Apr to Oct. I did not know that it was a reacurring cost not did my friend. I realized it in

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Sept and called them. They said it would cancel the charge and return 2 months payment. They niether cancled the charge, i got charged Sept and Oct, not did they return anything. When I called them in Nov, they said there was no record of my sept call.....

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes read above

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 71 and live on social security....$840 is a lot to me for nothing,.. They did nothing for my friend except take my money....

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/11/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did you call up your bank and dispute this and put a stop payment on this, so that no more money with withdrawn?

no, when i realized they were charging me, I called them and they said they would stop the charges.

Thank you. If they are still charging you, you need to call up your bank and advise them of this and dispute it, so no more money will be taken out You can also file a claim with them, if deductions were being wrongfully made and if the money is not returned, sue them for any breach of contract and to have it returned.

add to above,,,,when they said they would stop the charges,,, they charged me for 2 more months and then stopped after a second call,,
They have not returned any money...

Yes, so you need to speak with your bank and dispute this and if it is not resolved, sue them for the wrongful deductions.

thats it?

That is it. If you speak with your bank, they can put a stop to the deductions and you can dispute this and they can try and get previous money returned, which should not have been deducted. You can also contact the company and advise them of the same and see if they will agree to return it. If not, you need to sue them for the money if they have no legal basis to deduct it and keep it.

what did this cost me,,,,

Customer service can assist as I do not have access to that information.

another scam.....
How is this a scam? I am happy to continue to help and answered all your questions.
I originally searched for mass consumer protection, was referred to you and gave you $5 on my credit card, now it seems that I will be charged $49 , the $5 was just a down payment?
if not, thank you

The $5 is a deposit. Customer service can speak with you if needed.

a scam

. Customer service can speak with you if needed.

they will charge me too....

No, they wont.