Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I had car worked on paid 2300.00 for timing chain guides 3…

Customer Question
I had car worked...

I had car worked on paid 2300.00 for timing chain guides 3 days later engine seizes they said its my problem I disagree they were the last ones to fix it what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Had car fixed at a repair shop the cost was 2300.00 for timing chain guides and misc. work done 3 days after picking car up engine seizes they said its my fault I disagree they were the last to work on it

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Do not understand what manufacturer/? its an 2005 GT Mustang with 136,000 miles

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/11/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to make a formal written demand for the repair shop to fix the engine because the shop caused the problem. If the shop still refuses to take responsibility, then you need to file lawsuit and let the Court decide. You would need to get an Expert mechanic as your witness.

The lawsuit would be filed at the Courthouse where the dealership is located. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law