Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need help in canceling a scam disability insurance auto…

Customer Question
I need help in...

I need help in canceling a scam disability insurance auto billing from my checking. It's from NUF

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ohio. Not a car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It's automatically billing my checking accou nt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When I call their 800 number they just loop you through all different automated recordings until you give up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/11/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

The only sure way to stop this is to close the account in question and reopen another account in a different bank. Then make sure to update your billpay information so that other companies that are you paying electronically would have the correct information in order to debit your account.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.