Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a question, I been insured with geico insurance for

Customer Question

Hi I have a question, I been insured with geico insurance for more then 3 years and unfortunally I have 3 small claims 2 are not fault and 1 fault but now they are refusing to sell coverage to me is there something we can do cause is kind of unfair cause I been full coverage all this time
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: united states
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really that's basic what it is
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you for your patience. Could you describe to me what happened and why you believe this is unfair? Some context will help me.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well geico is refusing to sell coverage cauae I have 3 claims so what the sence of paying full coverage then to cover the claims
I think I understand. So you currently have coverage, but they're not covering the theft of your vehicle?
they didn't explain why?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No right now I have no coverage at all I return the plates cause they cancel my poliza so I have my car in the garage
I see. Have you contacted other insurance companies about selling insurance?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but they also refused to sell coverage but geico I been paying full coverage with them for over 3 years
I'm sorry to hear that. Car insurance carriers aren't generally required to sell you insurance. If you are too high of an insurance risk, they'll about selling to you, unfortunately. Your state requires to to have at least some insurance coverage if you're going to be driving a vehicle so the real issue is finding some company to insure you. I know that there's a company called the General we will provide at least some liability insurance for you so you can have your vehicle covered. They probably offer higher collision insurance plans (they pay regardless of fault) as well. They thefts of your vehicle will make it hard for you to be insured, but if you find an insurance broker in your area, I have reason to believe you will be in good shape. The broker usually charges a fee to the insurance company to assist them in connecting you with them as well. Does that make sense? What other questions did you have for me?