Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Even though we were paid in full and had never been late…

Customer Question
Even though we were...

Even though we were paid in full and had never been late with a payment. Our water was turned off and the meter pulled. We had been told that piping from the meter to our house was ours, so we connected a additional pipe to our water pipe to run to a friends house.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

We live in Texas and no we do not have a anyone working on this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, a note was left on our meter box.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Both the neighbor and I are disabled.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/9/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your question about this for us?

Who pulled the meter? Why did they pull it?