Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I agreed to do business with Tranzvia but later found out…

Customer Question
I agreed to do business...
I agreed to do business with Tranzvia but later found out that their merchant account API was not compatible with my platform WIX. My complaint is public with the Texas BBB. Mr. Nee will not return any calls he agreed he would cancel the contract but yet his company is still taking my money. At this point I would like representation.
COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # ***** BBB Serving North Central Texas
Consumer Info: Sagarius, Ivy Business Info: TranzVia
PO BOX 7234 *****STE 160
Spartanburg, SC 29304 Plano, TX ###-##-####
(###) ###-####443(###) ###-####(###) ###-####
***@******.***
Location Involved: (Same as above)
Consumer's Original Complaint :
Cancelled the services, still being charged, I dont use the services at all.
Mechant Number 534705880401245 ;(###) ###-####This company is a rip-off. They told me I could integrate the payment service with my website platform: Wix.com, that was not true at all, I have tried several time to cancel the agreement. They have taken 700 dollars from my bank every month for the service since I have more than one website for the agreed services. I mailed in my cancellations and emailed my cancellation. They do not respond and now I have to literally close my business checking account to stop them from taking money.
Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Refund my money, cancel these accounts.
BBB Processing
10/16/2017 web BBB Case Received by BBB
10/17/2017 HERN BBB Case Reviewed by BBB - Member
10/17/2017 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
10/17/2017 Otto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute - Member
10/18/2017 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : Ivy Sagarius,
I have carefully reviewed your account. You sent us an email in July 17th 2017 asking where to send in a cancelation letter. At that time you were informed you could email or fax the signed letter however we never received it. We finally received the cancelation letter Sept 25th 2017 and closed the account at that time. In good faith for this discrepancy we did close the account without early a termination penalty.
The service provided was an online gateway which allows for you and your web developer to use the API to connect to the cart or webservice of your choice. The GGe4 will work with your website and so will the alternative authorize.net, however with Wix you are responsible for the build and API set up.
10/19/2017 ALT EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
10/22/2017 WEB BBB CUSTOMER DISSAT - MEMBER COMPANY - BBB REVIEW : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
This company lied, the interface does not work with wix.com platform and I specifically asked this before agreeing to the terms. They assured me it would work. Instead of the termination fee being cancelled they should be refunding me for charges in September and October which is $700 dollars. They charged my seanjaripreeti.com twice for one month. The monthly charges is well over the cancellation charge. This company is a fraud and lied about the services. I was never able to use the services thru my websites. They billed me every month for all four of my websites and in July they began to only bill me for 3, in September they started billing me for only 2, but seanjaripreeti.com was billed twice, so my bank account still reflected 3 charges. This company is a fraud and has lied to me on numerous occasions, I want my money back. They new well before July that I wanted to cancel the account, it was within 30 days of the service going active that I decided to cancel since I learned that the service was not compatible with my websites. The mailed me several statements every month instead of consilidating all my accounts under one business. In July, they increased my charges by more than 100% of the actual cost. by September they were charging me twice for my websites. When I contacted them within the 30 days of the service not working, they sent me a card swiper. I never used the swiper. The purpose of the account was for my website. I only use the service 3 times when I had to manually login to the merchant service website and enter in a customers credit card details. I dont have a store front, my business is 100% online, their service was never for my business and never worked and once they realized that I wanted to cancel, they began to over charge me. This company is full of lies, they even lie to the BBB
10/23/2017 ALT EMAIL Customer Dissat Notice to Company
10/24/2017 WEB BBB RECEIVED BUSINESS' REBUTTAL RESPONSE : Ivy Sagarius,
The accounts that were set up for you were at your request per the calls and agreements that you signed. You did indeed set up both your business and website with an agreement for each. Consolidation of these accounts could also have been done at your request, however that was not asked of us. There are a lot of merchants that process on multiple accounts for many reasons. Again, as soon as your signed cancelation letter was received your account was closed. We did indeed inform you of when you called of the requirement to close your account. As a financial institution your signature is required to close your account. This is a policy and procedure that was thoroughly explained on more than one phone call. No adjustments were made to your pricing as a result of your phone calls. What you noticed was the PCI non-compliance fee that started to bill for not completing the industry required Self-Assessment Questionnaire. We also offer to refund up to 3 months of this fee provided you complete the SAQ and become compliant.
As for the product, it will work with WIX. That has already been confirmed. It must go through Authorize.net via API. This is accurate and can be done by nearly any web developer while building the page and cart.
In regard to the refund not amounting to the early termination, that actually is not accurate. We have a hard cost for setting up each account you signed up for which is the reason for the termination fee. We have waived them on each of the accounts you set up. Nothing was hidden, there is no fraud, the products asked for and agreed to were delivered as requested, and as soon as the letter to close was received the account was closed with no penalty.
10/24/2017 ALT EMAIL Send Business' Rebuttal Response to Consumer
10/25/2017 WEB BBB CONSUMER REJECTS BUSINESS' FINAL OFFER : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
There was never a assessment or survey of any kind sent to me.
I only had one contract
You created several separate accounts for your own commission.
I requested to have the accounts consolidated when I started to receive numerous peices of mail.
I own every company that an account was created for. You claim that I could have requested the change, I did and you did not do it.
You claim you make available these resources, nothing was ever made available to me
Once the accounts were created, you never contacted me again
No I get numerous peices of mail and emails from American Express, so did you sell my account details to them.
Authorize.net is the API for Moolah, Moolah is the Merchant Account Service Authorize.net, not Tranzvia.
When I signed up with Tranzvia, you told me I could sign up thru stripe, none of your methods worked, and thats when you sent me a credit card swiper free of charge. You can have it back.
Again, you charged my bank account twice for seanjaripreeti.com in one month. Why would you double charge me
Why would you increase my fees for not completing a questionnaire?
Where did you send this questionnaire?
Whey didnt you explain the increase in pricing with the statment that you send to my home every month.
YOu over charged me, double charged me, with no notice.
All accounts went to one bank account, my business checking account, all accounts should have been into one account when I first signed up.
You posted your response with no documentation of anything. Not even with your resolution of completing a questionnaire.
10/26/2017 ALT MAIL BBB Review Consumers Response
11/21/2017 BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER : ***Document Attached***
This company claimed they closed my accounts, and would no longer char4ge my accounts after they received the cancellation letter in September. They claimed that they would have refunded me money had I completed a questionnaire. Today, I am still being charged and I am wanting my money back, you continue to take my money and I am not doing any business with you. why are you still debiting my bank account? Please refund my money and stop debiting my account
12/09/2017 BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER : ***Document Attached***
They are still debuting my account, I contacted Tranzvia and was told it was human error in November, today they did it again. This company will not stop taking my money nor are they refunding it.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

IF the BBB cannot resolve this with the company and cannot get a refund, you would need to consider the final option, which is you must now file suit against them for breach of contract. The company agreed by contract to provide you a specific service, so at this point you will need to file a civil suit against them for breach of contract and to ask the court to issue an injunction to prohibit them from taking any further payment until the matter is resolved by court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.