Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a frigidare refrigerator from FIngerhut. It

Customer Question
I purchased a frigidare...

I purchased a frigidare refrigerator from FIngerhut. It arrived damaged on October 14.2017. A frigFrigidare representative looked at it on October 16, 2017. He took P

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm sorry thiis

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm sorry this was sent. It is late. New computer, old person. Anyway,there is a fil o nwhat he saw. I have its number and location. The quote describing this refrig is:Damage on Fresh Food Door and Side Walls.(Scratched heavily and dented, Paint removed) Damage to Lowert Door. Hinge corner dented inward. (Pictures taken) This was reported immediately to Fingerhut. I am maing payments on it as they said they willrefund my full purchase price upon the return his app;iance. They have been contacted at least 4 times. The second phone call netted a return slip for postal purchases.. we are now talking several weeks. Two requests via email have resulted in an assurance that they always get back with 48 hours (business) That last request was a week ago. I can"t afford to ship this thing to their office in MN. Also, they are responsible. I accepted this thing because in the wrapping I could not see that it was damaged. The door door doesn't even close properly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I suppose not. I tried to contact Fingerhut the day it arrived, but being a Saturday no one was answering.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/9/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

How can I it back.? I don't know where to send it. Also, Iive PA I cannot afford to agip

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

You need to file complaint against the company with Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General's office. These complaints would most likely force the company to do what it supposed to do: give you return merchandise authorization number so that you can return the defective product and receive refund of your full purchase price.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.