Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a problem a big problem a contractor isn't fixing my…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem a big problem a contractor isn't fixing my kitchen as he was or is supposed to, the electric shorts out or has the dishwasher the mixer,and the stove shocked me and one of the workers bad, they just waited 1 1/3 week then replace the stove, the floors are not redhardwood, but blond lament , the cupboards are blond, contact paper, and they were broke at the corner but they still glued them in the wall wasn't replaced with greenboard , and the electric isn't right the GFI was wired straight everything isn't coded and they just keep at me to sign the paper that it is ,,, he told the Insurance CO, I won't repair my home they won't renew ,,,ONLY they only show up every 35 ?? days to have me sign the papers and tell me the house it too damp , and that's why the floor is wavy? only the other floor is just fine (red oak Hard wood) in the living room, If my husband was alive they would of had it done by may 1 st. can you help or direct the correct was

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Wait which one about the dishwasher ,,, the Men at ***** ***** restoration redid the wires 2x and it invalided the warrantee as they cut and tested the motor 2 x and they never installed it correctly as they put a screw in the side of it to hold it in place! and never hooked it to the counter ,,,as the counter is too narrow for it ( they won't fix that either)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've runn out of money trying to get this done please help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/8/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If they refuse to make proper repairs, then your next step is you will need a local consumer attorney and you will need to sue them for damages and negligent work and breach of contract. If they are licensed contractors, which they are, call the state contractor licensing board (and the Better Business Bureau at the same time) first and make a complaint. If the contractor board cannot resolve the issue, then you would need to file a civil suit against the company for the damages and you would need to get another contractor out there to examine the mess they left and write up an estimate to fix the issues.

If they are not doing what they agreed to do or have performed negligent work, you would have to sue. The consumer attorneys who take these cases generally do not charge up front and will take a percentage of what they win for you in the case.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.