Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had my kitchen redone in 2015/2016.. paid in full..

Customer Question
I had my kitchen...

I had my kitchen redone in 2015/2016.. paid in full.. kitchen parts( high end) are falling apart. Have been calling contractor since June.. he gets back to me.. promises me he will fix the problem but is always a no so show.. what do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

My husband died while they were working on my house so I’m a widow and at a loss

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Rutland Mass

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No papers have been filed. ..

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/8/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Contact the State Agency that licenses contractors. Look here:

https://www.mass.gov/topics/business-licenses-permits

If your project is within the statutory warranty period they may be able to help you. They may be able to suspend his license if your claims are proven.

Also contact the Dept. of Consumer Protection:

https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint

Check your local town government to see if there is a consumer advocate.