Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Do you deal with debt consolidation? NJ I talked with

Customer Question
Do you deal with...

Do you deal with debt consolidation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

NJ I talked with someone from NYC from Pebblestone Financial. They want me to stop payments. Is this normal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

This is about credit card debt.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/7/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Debt consolidation tends in most situations to not recommended for the following reasons:

1. you end up paying the company's fees.

2. they cannot always help reduce debts

3. creditors and their lawyers will often not work with them and may give you a better deal directly.

I guess he called it something else insteade of consolidation but the idea is Istop paying the cards in fact I cancell the cards. Then they reduce the bill and I pay them who in turn pay off the credit cards at a 35% savings. This should take several years to complete. Good?? Bad?? ??? Is tere any way for a consumer (me) to contact the credit card companies and make a deal?? One place I talked to said I pay the minimum while they get the interest reduced. Some of the past payments would then go towards the principle and I would have lower minimum payments because the interest has been reduced. I dont know how to get hold of the people who suggested that route. I think it was tri star consumer law .But I got you not them.????
This is question answer site.
You are better off dealing with each creditor directly!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thats your answer? Try dealing directly with the creditors.
The middle men agents cannot guarantee superior results and often between fees and performance you end up much worse.
what else can I answer for you?
I should just call the credit card companies and ask for a reduction?
Based on hardship, possible bankruptcy. You save on fees!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Is there any proven way to approach the creditors?
Always varies from case to case but helpful to be prepared to argue and prove financial difficulty and serious consideration of bankruptcy since that possibility could erase the debt and motivate them to accomodate!
Infolawyer, Lawyer