Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a 2014 Ford Escape I bought new in 2014, it now has…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Ford Escape I bought new in 2014, it now has 76,300 miles on it and the engine is coming apart. I have taken care of the vehicle and Ford is saying they will not help me, is there anything else I can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I bought it new in March 2014 and it is Louisiana.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes, just received an email from them saying they are not going to help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Te car has other problems too, the front wheel bearings had to be replaced at around 30,000 miles, and on top of the engine issues the bearings and CV joints are out also. I just think that is too much for such a new vehicle.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/6/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Is it under warranty? what can I answer for you?
The warranty ended at 60,000 miles, do I have any recourse? I have owned many vehicles and put up to 250,000 miles on engines with no problems and this engine is coming apart at 76,000. I still owe $10,700 on the vehicle with Ford Motor Credit
Not on warranty theory but you can pursue if seller misled you on sale as to expectations and logenvity. You also can threaten acfion as follows.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”