Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I joined a debt relief program in 2015 and in 2017 I ended…

Customer Question
I joined a debt...

I joined a debt relief program in 2015 and in 2017 I ended up having to file bankruptcy. Are they suppose to give my money back that I paid in minus the service charge since I stopped it and filed on those accounts also?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Ky

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes and they keep putting me off

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The bankruptcy was final in July

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/5/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. Whether you have the right to get the $ back is dependent in part upon what the terms of your contract were. If they said that they would give you your money back if they could not relieve the debts for you, then you can request it back. Otherwise, you may not be able to get it back. I would check the contract to see if there was any kind of guarantees that they made or whether you just had the contractual right to request your money back (e.g. just a money back guarantee).

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?