Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Am I affected by the data breach.. I am in Rhode Island. And…

Customer Question
Am I affected by...

Am I affected by the data breach. My name is*****: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in Rhode Island. And I received a form letter from AT&T advising me to inquire if I have been compromised by a data breach at equifac.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

This is equifax breach I am talking about. I want to know if I am a victim. After I know I can look for a lawyer,.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Equifax has made it very easy for people to find out whether their data has been compromised by their security breach.

Just go to www.equifaxsecurity2017.com

You'll see a button that says, "Am I impacted?"

Click on that button. Once you do that, you'll be asked by Equifax to provide them with your last name and the last 6 digits of your social security number. Once you submit that information, you will find out immediately whether your information was among those accounts compromised and if you need to take precautions against identity theft.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.