Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was charged excessive fees for my son's therapy appts from…

Customer Question
I was charged excessive fees...
I was charged excessive fees for my son's therapy appts from retainers my dr requested up front. He had appts and calls with my ex wife, and appts my son was never present. I requested details of the appts and what the appt was for. Just a few lines, nothing too detailed. He has failed to provide this to me and after saying for over a year he will work with me to refund certain amounts he had a lawyer contact me putting me through various hoops requesting information that obviously the dr has. These are overcharges in the tens of thosands of dollars. I am located in San Diego ca.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/5/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case.
Yo may threaten to take action including in court and with licensing board.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If desired, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Can you recommend a lawyer in th San Diego area?
The directories I mentioned is what I use to find local counsel.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Enjoy the weekend.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”