Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hope you can. I decided to do the 7 day trial. I "signed"

Customer Question
HI..I hope you can...

HI..I hope you can. I decided to do the 7 day trial

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

Ok. I "signed" up for the 7 day free trail on the cbs I believe so that I could maybe watch Starz. They just had a few boxes you could click on and I had about made up my mind to drop the whole thing. I got to their site to find a message saying my free trial was over with and I needed to start paying monthly. I got my bill of $66+ I figured that was for a year. Wrong answer...the 2nd month bill showed up in my bank account for the $66 again. I don't remember even giving them my bank account info. How can I get out of this? I do believe that there was some slight of hand going on there. now, before I end this and send it to you...I need to know if there is a charge for your service?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Alright

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

Not that I can think of. I didn't even look at any other sites except to browse to see what might be of my interest. I am a widow on Social Security so I don't have lots of money to spare, especially not getting my choice of what I wished to do. My name is Sharon.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/5/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: JustAnswer, Arbitrator replied 6 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
I can't think of any. Of course I may have forgotten some things---it's been several weeks ago. Other then that it's what's happened.