Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it possible to cancel an existing contract?

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
insearchoftheanswer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. What kind of contract is involved? Thanks.

I don"t know

Thanks for following up. Without any understanding of what kind of contract is involved, I really can't answer your question with any degree of certainty or accuracy. Given this, I am going to opt out so another expert can timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Made a $ 59 PHONE CALL
I am talking about the membership to JustAnswer
What does my $59 phone call get me
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No phone call request appears I am afraid.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, most times these issues can be resolved in this forum by typing without you incurring the additional expense of a phone call.

If you signed a contract, the whole purpose of using written contracts is to bind the parties to the agreement they made. If you want get out of the contract, you must read the contract for a cancellation clause and if there is no cancellation clause, then you are bound to the contract until the end of the contract UNLESS you can prove the other party breached the contract in some material way and refuses to perform under the contract. If the party is performing under the contract, then you canceling would be a breach and could make you liable for damages to pay them to the end of the contract.

If the party is not performing under the contract you can seek to terminate the contract and sue for breach to recover any money damages you incurred based on their failure to perform.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.