Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Credit card company has been sending my statement to wrong…

Customer Question
Credit card company has been...
Credit card company has been sending my statement to wrong address and now they are charging me an exorbitant amount of late fees when I was not at fault. How do I get them to recognize that I am not at fault and to drop those late charges.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Demand a manager and remind them they cannot collect more than the actual charges given their error.If needed, You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!