Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am subscribed to Answerdesk and do not feel I should be…

Customer Question
I am subscribed to Answerdesk...
I am subscribed to Answerdesk and do not feel I should be charged to answer a question. I am getting phone calls (are they Scam or not?) almost daily from somebody saying they are Microsoft Answerdesk and that Answerdesk is going to refund $360 to me. Is it a scam or not? yes or no is find answer
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Microsoft Answer Desk (http://www.answerdesk.com) is a part of Microsoft, but their security page states that Microsoft Answer Desk and Microsoft DOES NOT MAKE PHONE CALLS soliciting consumers. Consumers have to call into Microsoft and are directed by phone support to answerdesk.com. So, if someone is calling you CLAIMING to be answerdesk, you need to contact your credit card company and report this as an unauthorized charge as they are scamming you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.