Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been ripped off by a fellow I hired to do some lawn…

Customer Question
I have been ripped...

I have been ripped off by a fellow I hired to do some lawn work. He walked off the job when I showed him his original receipt, wherein he said he'd remove and replace a certain bunch of oleander free. I had already paid him $600 towards that end but he was already writing up an additional bill. When I showed him the original I said, "You owe me $600. He mumbled and hemmed and hawed and finally said he'd go get my money right. Shortly after he, his men and their tools were gone and not seen again.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Arizona. I don't know where to start.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

There is no manufacturer involved

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.