Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How can I stop foreclosure on my home? I'M in Texas, no one…

Customer Question
How can I stop...

How can I stop foreclosure on my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I'M in Texas, no one is helping right now

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes we've talked

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Why won't they give me a copy of the contract

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/2/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

The fact that they won't produce the deed. You need to file a breach of contract lawsuit in the case where they are foreclosing and ask that they produce the note. This will afford you the time to get current or negotiate a modification.