Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a medical bill and provided the hospital with my

Customer Question
insurance information but they did...
I have a medical bill and provided the hospital with my insurance information but they did not file the claim. Am I still responsible for the bill? If you answer and tell me where I can verify I agree to pay the full amount.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/2/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. If the hospital did not file the claim, then you would file it with your insurance company. So, although you are responsible to pay the bill, you also have insurance and the insurer will cover your bill pursuant to your plan.

If you have further questions, just let me know.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.