Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In September, I ordered a "Trilogy" by Philip Farmer, the…

Customer Question
In September, I ordered...

In September, I ordered a "Trilogy" by Philip Jose Farmer, the Dayworld Trilogy. I have receipts that prove it. But I only ever received Book III. The Abe Books company claims they do not have these orders in their system. However, I have paperwork proving that I ordered them and paid for them. I have e mails from Abe Books saying they were even shipped! But never did I receive anything except Book III. How do I get them to believe me, and send me Books I and II?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in Hawaii. Nobody else is helping with this. At one time, Abe Books somehow forwarded my correspondence to World of Books, but they answered me that they were NOT the supplier, and that I should go back to Abe Books. I've been given the "run-around" and I've been cheated. Clear and simple.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Whi would that be?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I could supply pictures of the receipts, or the orders, proving that I did indeed buy the books that I never received. I even did that, for World of Books. It's a lot of trouble, but I can do it. Do I need to send you those pictures?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: JustAnswer, Arbitrator replied 8 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Please CANCEL THIS ORDER! You are charging me more than the books cost - the books which I want sent to me. I would do better to just take the loss and not receive the books. so PLEASE CANCEL MY ORDER! Janet Blees
CANCEL my order! Your lawyer costs more than the books I was trying to have sent to me.
All of a sudden, the order came up on my computer, for $56. I was only told it was $5, before I agreed to it. This is "Bait and Switch!" I will complain the the BBB and I will dispute this charge on my credit card, unless you remove it yourself. Janet Blees
At 3:36 it was promised that someone would call me at the number I provided, within 30 minutes. They did not, so I have the right to dispute your charges and have them removed from my credit card. I can legally say that I "did not approve these charges," since I did not! I only "approved" a $5 charge, and was promised that even THAT would be refunded! Janet Blees
Consumer Protection Lawyer: ,  replied 8 months ago
Phone call session started