Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to get records of car payments history from a

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get records of car payments history from a financial institution, Provident, for a prior owner of car which I bought few years ago. He claimed in court that he had to pay the remaining balance for me for the car. I know the car was already paid off at that time. How do I get the records of when the car payments ended from the creditor?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

CA and the car was made in 1997

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes, I got the history of all owners of the car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He showed a receipt of the car payment in the court but it does not show that the bill is associated with the car I bought.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/2/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
You would need to issue a subpoena duces tecum to that company to get those records Once received you need an affidavit that they are true records from the company.