Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to get records of car payments history from a

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get records of car payments history from a financial institution, Provident, for a prior owner of car which I bought few years ago. He claimed in court that he had to pay the remaining balance for me for the car. I know the car was already paid off at that time. How do I get the records of when the car payments ended from the creditor?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

CA and the car was made in 1997

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes, I got the history of all owners of the car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He showed a receipt of the car payment in the court but it does not show that the bill is associated with the car I bought.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/2/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
You would need to issue a subpoena duces tecum to that company to get those records Once received you need an affidavit that they are true records from the company.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer