Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was charged $505.33 to download a program that doesn't…

Customer Question
I was charged $505.33...

I was charged $505.33 to download a program that doesn't work. I have been trying since July 2017 to get a refund. A person keeps calling offering a refund but they want all of my personal information and I wont give them that information. I keep telling them to refund the amount to my credit card but they tell me they cant do that so I told them to send me a check and they tell me they cant do that either. I need the money but I don't know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

I made the purchase online. I live in Colorado. The amount was $505.33 charged to my credit card. I talked to the credit card company but they tell me they don't have the information on them. My initial contact was with a gentleman from New York. I did not realize that I was dealing with a foreign contact. They have continuely called me wanting to give me a refund but I will not give them my bank account info and my personal info.

Lawyer's Assistant: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.

OK I will give tham a try.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes but they will not answer the phone and I have sent them email and they do not answer that either.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much is this going to cost me.

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Giving the time that I have already spent it is going to take him a while.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/1/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Do you have the name and a web address for the company that you dealt with? How did you learn of them? Did they make unsolicited contact with you?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.