Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We rented car with our flying tickets from Allegiant Air…

Customer Question
We rented car with...

We rented car with our flying tickets from Allegiant Air Lines, (With Alamo Car rentals) the dates were arrival Oct 25th and return November 23rd. We had to leave early for personal reasons on November 21, there were 4 of us, we were charged for the new tickets. Allegiant employee told us we were entitled to arefund for the early car return (12 days early) and to call allegiant at a new number, wich we did on November 9-10-11, each time we had to wait on the phone for more than 1hour and never got to speak to anyone, Once ar the airport we visited Allegiant and Alamo at their counters, they both told us we were ententitled to arefund but we had to contact Allegiant at the same number. We are CANADIANS, upon my return to Canada I tried again 3 times to contact Allegiant with no success, I then sent them 2 emails requeting the refunds, again no answeer, What can we do to get our refund, Appx, we expect alomos 1/2 of our Car rental fee, which was $1416.

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

Whant can I do,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Florida, Purchase made in August and paid on MC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes but only by eamil, because the dont answer the phone always on hold.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont thik so, is there a chage for this.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Allegiant Airlines is notorious for this type of thing.

Your best defense is to call the credit card company and dispute the charge. Have them put in a charge back against Allegiant, and they will credit your card and you will not have to pay the charges for Allegiant and if you dispute on the Alamo rental, you can get that reduced too.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on the stars and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Checking in to see if you are satisfied with the answer and are ready to close out the question or if you need something else from me.

Thanks and best wishes.