Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Probllem with air condioner installe three months and eachn…

Customer Question
Probllem with air condioner...

Probllem with air condioner installe three months and eachn time the ceiling came down . they say it will be fixed and as of now nothing is done the carpet is destoyed --place would have to be painted etc please advise

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

West palm beach florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

A i6 rtheem was to be installed and another person told me that it is a 14 rheem installed and it was not put in as per code

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I could give them confirmstion of pictures and what another air conditioner person has advise me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/30/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. This appears to be a classic breach of contract if the ceiling came down each time they tried to fix the air conditioner. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. I also know of something that can help you with this situation. If you click here, you can request an attorney-prepared breach of contract letter for a flat fee (usually around $250). Turnaround time is less than 48 hours. Take a look at the link and fill out the contact form if you’re interested.

You may also have a cause of action for negligence as well. If they had fixed it right the first time, then your place would not have to be painted each time.

What other questions did you have for me today?