Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Finding if this Credit reduction is a scam or not. PA

Customer Question
Finding if this Credit...

Finding if this Credit reduction is a scam or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I have been contacted by a credit card relief company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Who uses Defense Lawers, PA to settle debt with banks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/30/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Most debt reduction and debt restoration businesses are not as helpful as customers may expect them to be. Many of them are in fact scams. They take money and claim they are restructuring your debt, but in fact do not make payments and your situation becomes worse.

I can not say what type of company the specific one you mention is. But you look here and decide for yourself:

https://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/attorneys-and-lawyers/defense-lawyers-pa-in-boca-raton-fl-90005847

There are steps that you can take yourself that can be just as effective as anything these companies can do. If your debt is too high to manage yourself you may look into either a Bankruptcy under Chapter 13 (which is a reorganization) or Chapter 7 (which wipes out your debts).

In the meantime here are some tactics you can use:

1) Contact your credit card companies and discuss with them what they can do to assist you. Many of the credit card companies have programs to help you restructure your payment plan.

2) Start with your highest interest card. Pay as much as you can toward that card each month, pay the minimum on the others. Once the highest card is paid off, move to the next card, adding the payments you were making to the minimum of the next card. Keep doing this until they are all paid off.

3) If you can transfer balances from high interest cards to low interest card do that as well.

Keep disciplined.

If you do need to pursue bankruptcy do so. It is nothing to be ashamed of. The laws are there to help people get a fresh start.

Thi link can help you find a local bankruptcy attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/bankruptcy-law/pennsylvania

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald