Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What if I buy a new car and 2 months later the dealer has it…

Customer Question
What if I buy a...
What if I buy a new car and 2 months later the dealer has it for sale cheaper
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/29/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. That is a risk that a buyer takes and something they need and want to consider, with making an offer. Absent something in the contract, which would require them to refund you the difference, if this happens, the purchase price which is agreed upon would control and you would not be able to get anything back. It is not uncommon for cars to be lowered in price, as the year goes on, depending on the need for the dealer to move inventory and new cars coming out.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!