Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I took my car into Walmart in Pensacola Florida as a living…

Customer Question
I took my car...

I took my car into Walmart in Pensacola Florida as a living Lithonia Georgia for oil change while I was there visiting family and working at the same time on my way back home my car started kind of riding a little rough and acting funny Monday when I got up to go to work the next morning I got a message that says or personal slow please shut your engine off and the oil light was on now find this to be very funny seeing as though I just got a oil change done on the car when I took the car in to be looked at the mechanic stated that when the oil seals broke and also cause irreparable damages to the valves which threw off the timing of my vehicle but Walmart is not willing to step up and accept claim that they broke my vehicle now I'm without a vehicle and without a job as my vehicle was my job what is it that I can do at this point?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The state that performed the services was Florida I live in Georgia even took the car back to a Walmart in Georgia to prove that it was in fact overfilled and they still won't accept that either

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed the claim with Walmart and just got word back this morning that they will not be held responsible for the damage to the vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Outside of losing my wages and being unable to work I have photos of the message that was displayed in my dashboard

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Ok thanks

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If Walmart was negligent with the work performed and caused the damage to the seal, which resulted in this, they would be liable and need to pay for the damages suffered. If you have evidence and documentation from a third party, to show this was the result and cause of it, you can try and present it to their cooperate office, to see if this can be settled. If they refuse and deny liability, you would need to retain counsel and sue them for the damage caused and cost of repairs. I know it is not ideal but if they claim this happened after the fact, you need to show and support that they caused this and did it when they changed your oil.

Yeah I have done this already with no help