Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife and I were involved in an auto accident deemed the…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I were involved in an auto accident deemed the other driver's fault. Our 2018 Chevy Equinox was totaled and the insurance company is only paying $31282 which does not even cover the loan payoff. The car only had 517 miles on it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There was a police report filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We traded in a 2013 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T for $11000 and we have been struggling with the insurance since the accident on Oct 4, 2017. We need to replace the Equinox but will not have any money for a down payment and the price of the Equinox was $42,000 plus

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/29/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is insurer pursuing the other driver and his/her insurer to cover the balance?

This is called indemnification and may cover the gap!

Our insurer is not doing anything

Demand a supervisor in the claims department and the total loss department. Consider having a local lawyer send them a letter. They have standing to pursue that which is the best available avenue. They should act on it as you have been a premium paying party and they may even be able to recover for themselves from other insurer where held at fault.

Please let me know if my reply is fast and acceptable, thank you.

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Still waiting for a reply from our agent
Ok let me know then. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”