Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son is disabled and is receiving threathening emails

Customer Question
My son is disabled...

My son is disabled and is receiving threathening emails about garnishment and arrest for a undocumented purchase . I tried to follow-up but they send the emails monthly. what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We live Maryland and the emails are from texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I have no idea about what the purchase is suppose to be. I asked them to provide proof of the transaction and they have not responded

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son has been a victim of "on-line fraud before and I think this is another case

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

next step
Im confused, ho much to I have to pay to get an answer. I really can't afford any type of contract

We don't have information on the financial details of your account. I believe that it is a one time fee and would be the amount you chose as you were going through the pages leading to asking your question. Would you like for me to send you to a moderator to discuss the financial aspect?

I thought I pay the onetime fee get an answer36.00
I don't know what to do?

I believe that is the correct amount. You may receive an email asking if you want an extra service but that comes from the website automatically, is entirely optional, and I don't participate in that program. So what ever the amout that you agreed to pay as the one time fee and again I think the amount you mentioned is the correct amount based on what I see on my screen, is all you pay for me to answer the question.

If for some reason a higher amount than that shows I would be more than happy to contact he moderators for you.

So if you would like for me to continue based on that then just let me know and be sure if you get an email asking if you want extra service, don't choose Yes.