Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

FORWARD TO ATTORNEY PHILLIPS!!! DO NOT CLOSE!!! **** Re-sent

Customer Question

PLEASE FORWARD TO ATTORNEY PHILLIPS!!! DO NOT CLOSE!!! ****Re-sent 27 November 201716 November 2017 05:30
November 16, 2017 (Consumer Protection Lawyer) - From:***@******.*** RE: Response from Atty Phillips on 8/5/2017 to***@******.*** concerning Verizon Dispute Dear Atty Phillips, Sorry for the late... (this was originally sent on 10/14/17 but never made it to you) Dear Atty Phillips, Sorry for the late thank you note. I've been sick. Appreciate your answer although it was very brief. You gave two sources to complain to: ***** ***** and FCC. What do you suggest I say? Send the same letter I sent to you and ask for them to settle for 50% or total minus $500 Penalties minus 3mos worth of bills? What would be reasonable?? Anything else to say? I never dealt with those organizations, please advise me how to proceed. OR Can you help find a VP of Consumere Services at Verizon ? I asked numerous times but they all say they dont have it, can't give it out . The Massachusetts DPU does not cover phone service - "The DPU oversees investor-owned electric power, natural gas, and water companies in Massachusetts. In addition, the DPU regulates the safety of bus companies, moving companies, and transportation network companies. We also oversee the safety of natural gas pipelines." And, did you mean the FCC in Washington DC to contact? On the Verizon bill, it references, The Dept of Telecommunications and Cable-Consumer Div in Boston, MA under the section of "Questions and Correspondence" on the bill. Thank you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Wendy replied 11 months ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What do you suggest I say?

Response 1: Regrettably, I cannot tell you exactly what to say because I am not your Attorney. This site does not offer legal representation.

Send the same letter I sent to you and ask for them to settle for 50% or total minus $500 Penalties minus 3mos worth of bills? What would be reasonable?? Anything else to say?

Response 2: I cannot tell you what to say and how to negotiate your bill because that amount to giving you legal advice, which I am prohibited from giving by terms of service. Nonetheless, you can send a simple letter outlining your concerns and what you think is a reasonable bill based on services received.

I never dealt with those organizations, please advise me how to proceed. OR Can you help find a VP of Consumere Services at Verizon ? I asked numerous times but they all say they dont have it, can't give it out .

Response 3: Unfortunately, I cannot help you find "VP of Consumer Services of Verizon" because I do not work for Verizon. So, I do not have contact information of the officers of the corporation.

The Massachusetts DPU does not cover phone service - "The DPU oversees investor-owned electric power, natural gas, and water companies in Massachusetts. In addition, the DPU regulates the safety of bus companies, moving companies, and transportation network companies. We also oversee the safety of natural gas pipelines." And, did you mean the FCC in Washington DC to contact? On the Verizon bill, it references, The Dept of Telecommunications and Cable-Consumer Div in Boston, MA under the section of "Questions and Correspondence" on the bill. Thank you.

Response 4: The Dept of Telecommunications and Cable-Consumer Div. Click here to file the complaint. You may also file complaint with FCC (Federal Communications Commission.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
December 11, 2017
Thank you for your response.
I am a bit disappointed, this is the first time that an attorney at your service gives me multiple times the response of, " I cannot tell you ..." in one letter. Have policies changed?
Regards,
Susan