Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have had to cancel due to serious illness an uninsured…

Customer Question
I have had to...

I have had to cancel due to serious illness an uninsured 13000 overseas tour in Myanmar due to depart 12/26/2017. Any options for getting money back. Agent's policy was no refund within 60 days.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Purchase was a cash wire transfer from my pension assets to a bacnk account in Singapore. I live in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Your reply is not understood. If you are referring to the company that runs the tour. Yes. They have refused to refund any amount.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are looking for any reasonable settlement that returns 50% or more of our payment.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/25/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You are seeking a way around their policy. You may seek that by arguing that a full loss leads to an unjust enrichment especially if they filled the spot and encountered no loss.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Infolawyer, Lawyer