Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was involved in a scam and they took about 6000.00 dollars…

Customer Question
I was involved in...

I was involved in a scam and they took about 6000.00 dollars of my money. They even had a consumer protection lady call and say it wasn’t a scam so we believed them. The last thing was DAVID Kravitz told me to send 2800 dollars in cash in the mail and I did it. I followed through with it and it never got delivered because I had it returned to me before it got delivered but when I got the package it was empty. I had 2500 insurance on it but they said it wouldn’t be covered because it was cash. Some one at the post office stole it because it never got delivered.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio. It went from ohio to virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Who would be the manufacturer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

DAVID Kravitz is the scammer. He is in. Albany ny Stacy cannon was the lady from consumer protection that told me it wasn’t a scam

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/25/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Scams of this kind can be reported to the police and attorney general Office. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If located can also be sued. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Awaiting your reply, thank you!