Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How can I protect my credit if I am a consigner on a car…

How can I protect my...
How can I protect my credit if I am a consigner on a car loan? My credit score has dropped due to missed payment by the other party. I do not have possession of the vehicle since I am just the consigner for my sister who owns the car.
11/23/2017
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

If you have to pay money to the lender (either to protect your credit, or because the lender demands payment), you would be able to sue the borrower to recover the money you have to pay

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer