Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had aBallys heath club because of school and baby i

I had aBallys heath...

I had aBallys heath club because of school and baby i stopped going for years. It is now lifetime fitness. i cant find my contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Il chgo

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No dont know what to do

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you? Are you asking if you can cancel?
I paid for a lifetime membership i would like one. Bally is now life time fitness how can I get my entitled membership they say they have no record that far and are basically saying i would have to pay for membership
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I dont think i should have to pay for a membership again. Since i am not dead I membership should be carried to lifttime . I dont remember when i joined or contract date / account dont i need that and how would i investigate that?
Demand a copy of your contract and sign up file which they should have and produce!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
according to them they dont have records that far back and say i am not in the system
Files may be archived. You can threaten legal action if they don’t honor commitment. Their files can be obtained by subpoena.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
is there anything else i can do?
especially if they keep insisting they dont have records they basically told me i had to produce the contract. It been to long and i probably lost it.
Speak to a manager. Have a lawyer speak to one. File in court. Threaten legal action.
can i have a lawyer from here make that call? you?
what are the fees for this if so
Local counsel can do so. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Good luck. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
acceptable
Thank you
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page. Happy holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer