Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was wondering if you could tell me if there is such a

Hi, I was wondering...

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me if there is such a thing as not being able to cancel a contract ever? My fiancé signed a membership with a westgate resort, it wasn't a purchase of property or anything like that but we are expecting a baby and won't be able to go on vacation for a while and they are telling us they can not cancel at all can this be true?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have emailed multiple times and called. My email response back was as follows Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel your contract, as the cancellation policy in your membership states, a cancelation letter had to be mailed and must have been postmarked within the 10 calendar day rescission period, after your contract was signed. We are unable to change this information per it's a legal binding contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If i have to pay off the remainder imI am i do not mind i just want them to cancel

11/22/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Contracts can be cancelled per their terms. It also can be cancelled if the other side failed to perform, misled you, or committed fraud. Absent that often such agreements are still cancelled after negotiation. They can often also be sold to another member.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thank you
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page. Happy holidays!
Infolawyer, Lawyer