Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am suing a vet for what he did to our pet and subsequent…

Customer Question
I am suing a vet...
I am suing a vet for what he did to our pet and subsequent torment that resulted (civil/prose). I need help with the wording. I need it to be impactful. Make a point because such litigation is only for property damages. I want him to know how we feel about what he has put us through. I can tell you what happened and results. The case may, or may not have merit. It is about the notice to him. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. What are your questions?

Thank you. I need him to get the impact of this action. I am sure he knows it may be useless, but I want him to know what a horrible thing he/staff did. I ask for wording that will IMPRESS that. We had taken our cat to him for years. He had one doctor who rushed our visit and that doctor was asked to leave his practice (other people complained). He was always asked to tell us of any issues. Thank God, none. Then on one (regular) visit he says that some dental cleaning may be needed under anesthesia. He comments that MAYBE, ONE tooth may need to be removed. A dental appointment is made. I tell the person I contact with there (a friend) please call me if any issue. I hear nothing when supposed to and call them and he comes running (out of breath) saying "Shes alright". I ask what do you mean shes alright? She came through the dental work OK (she had 'perfect' bloodwork), but she had THREE (double teeth for cats) removed. I dont need to day what I said. I went and brought her home. The friend called to tell me she was sorry and that cats lived well with fewer teeth. I ask you believe me when I tell you how difficult her life is now and how that has made our life more difficult and in more than seeing her difficulties dealing with it. Not being able to eat kibble (dry food) she loves. Needing to mash wet food so she can eat it. Images of vomit covering different areas of the carpeting, or floor. Seeing her drag food onto a different area to try and get it in her mouth. My having to use pliers (I have neuropathy and arthritis in hands) to make treats smaller to eat. Need more? He never told me of any issue, or about caring for her teeth. I could have done things at home (like what I use and spend on product for teeth), or have her get regular teeth WORK done. I just want him to FEEL something when he sees the reason on the

motion. If this YELP review helps. It is the 4th one marked Chris: https://www.yelp.com/biz/gramercy-park-animal-hospital-new-york:

But how do you know the dental work that was performed was not medically necessary? Has another vet reviewed the work done by this doctor and determined it was somehow negligent?

I dont want to speak of the issues. The current vet said he would have called me before removing ANY teeth and he would have tried to advise me how to care for the teeth before it got that far. This vet had me understand there was no issue, but cleaning. Thats screwing up and we paid for it. Isnt that enough? Any [powerfulk] wording you can suggest? Thank you.

I'm sorry, but on further review, I will not be able to help you in this matter. I will opt out so you can seek the advice of another expert.