Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a car in September from a dealership and they…

I purchased a car...

I purchased a car in September from a dealership and they called me yesterday saying the finance company they assigned the load to has decided they want the dealership to buy back the contract. So my questions is what is my legal rights to the car if my contract says the dealership is my creditor since they had not assigned the loan yet and all agreements are to the dealership it looks like im in az

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2011 Chevy Tahoe in phoenix az I bought the car September 1st this is like the 3rd month we have had it

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Of the car.... no its a used dealership that said they had financing for us until yesterday and the bank is wanting out of the deal so they dealership is having to buy back their contract from the bank

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i think that covers it

11/21/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Have you made payments to the bank?

Thank you for your cooperation.

the first payment was made via money gram and I have until the 26th for the november payment to be made.
I made a payment but they are never applied it to my account but they acknowledge that they have the payment.
Essentially my contract says that the dealer is my creditor and I want to make sure they can’t reposses my car bc of something between them and the bank

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Ok thanks

Response: The car cannot be repossessed if you are making payments as agreed. The dealership cannot penalize you for its issue with the bank.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Ok thank you so much and I will rate now