Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I bought a Four Winns boat not ago with one year manufacture

Customer Question
I bought a Four Winns...
I bought a Four Winns boat not long ago with one year manufacture warranty left. I have not used the boat more than two times and the engine stopped working. After spending over a thousand dollars in technicians they replaced the distributor cap. The dealer says the warranty does not cover electrical parts. Can someone confirm if this is something a Boat Manufacturer Warranty should cover. I think I am being given the run around.
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your boat. Unfortunately a boat warranty is a contract between the manufacturer and the buyer and the terms may differ depending on the manufacturer involved. For example some will have general warranties, some limited and then others may offer extended which will also vary. The actual warranty would need to be reviewed.Even if a warranty does not cover a specific item the buyer can sue under the implied warranty of merchantability which means the good or service will be able to be utilized for its normal intended purpose. Courts vary on what they consider a reasonable time. It often is dictated by local custom and what a reasonable consumer would expect.
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer