Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am interested in knowing if there are any negative reports…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in knowing if there are any negative reports on the Red Bank company: Newman Springs Publishing. They are a book publisher and distributor…they refer to themselves as "publishing partners" with authors.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I live in Paramus, New Jersey and I am an author in search of an agent and/or a publisher. Newman Springs contacted me recently. What they offer seems almost too good to be true and you know the story about that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, not yet. Before I even do that I wanted to know if they have a good reputation (do they really do what they say that they do).

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

They have a rating of an A- on the BBB: here is a link to that page.

You can verify their business registry here:

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/searchfile.shtml

As with any contract, the terms would need to be reviewed to determine if it has the desired intent and to ensure that the party's rights are protected.
Normally an attorney will review documents for a fixed fee rather than having to retain an attorney for long term assistance.

An attorney can be located through the county bar association.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: