Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I live in Va purchased vehicle in Md on August 5th. Dealer…

Customer Question
I live in Va...

I live in Va purchased vehicle in Md on August 5th. Dealer didnit have title so I left vehicle so that he could do minor repairs and install backup camera.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

BMW X5 2006.After many attempts I had contact finance company and they assisted me with getting tiltle

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

When I finally went pick up car 1st week November, noticed there was damage on right back passenger side. Owner did not show up at appointed time and said his wife was going to bring me keys. In the interim called the police and file an Incident report. After waiting over 2 hours in cold and rain for someone to show up I left. I want to cancel this purchase, especially since car has damage and also, he did not do all repairs requested. When I pointed out the damage and repairs not being completed he had no reply. I think he wanted me to take the car and then claim that the damages occured after I took possession. Now he's sending me threatening emails, charging storage fees, and saying that the car is abandoned. What can I do ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want a refund at this point, Its been 3 agonizing months dealing with this dealer. Now he doesnt want to address the damage issue. I want to cancel this contract. I paid in full using a credit card.. I tried to get them to void the purchase but to no avail.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case based on breach of contract and possible fraud.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Thanks,
The dealer is demanding that I pay storage fees and says he will consider the vehreicle abandoned if I don't remove it from his lot. What are his rights or limits ? Also can I file suit in civil court AND circuit court since amount over $5,000. I pay $4700 for vehicle, plus $300 processing fee plus $275 for backup camera/radio that he ordered for me, put was not installed in vehicle as he agreed to do.
You can choose to withdraw it and still sue or not withdraw and sue. He has no right where he is in breach and should not be giving you ultimatums. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Infolawyer, Lawyer