Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a nissan maxima in 2014, in 2015 the cruise control…

Hello. i bought a...

Hello. i bought a nissan maxima in 2014, in 2015 the cruise control light was coming on randomly, so i had it checked out they said unless it was on at the time they couldn't do anything. This was waldorf nissan in turn they told me i needed a motor so the warranty autherized it to be replaced before it was replaced i had no leaks. i took it back several times and they claim they ran dye through it and there were no leaks. but my drive way was full of oil leaks and my warranty had ran out by this time so in september they said i needed a new motor again and it was going to cost me about 5000. this week i took it to another nissan dealer and they said nissan of waldorf messed my car up by not placing the motor in correctly and so on i have paperwork to support my claim can you help.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Maryland 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes they are saying they are going to try and help but i want to know all my options.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes nissan of waldorf donot want to own up to their mistake and everyone that was working there at the time is either gone or dead.

11/20/2017
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.If the dealer who screwed up your car refuses to voluntarily remedy the situation, then you really only have one option, which is to sue. Accordingly, in that scenario my suggestion is that you contact a local attorney as soon as possible. The attorney can send the dealership a threatening letter, and that itself may spur the dealership to voluntarily take action. However, if the dealership ignores the attorney's threatening letter, then a lawsuit can then be filed. It is very helpful that you have the corroboration of the other dealership, because that will likely be your evidence against the dealership you are suing.Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)
thank you and the other dealership gave it to me in writing

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using this service, and please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney