Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

We bought second hand caravan from arv dealers Eden for

Customer Question
$17,500. We were told...
We bought second hand caravan from arv dealers Eden for $17,500. We were told the van was fully checked out everything was working well, and it did come with warranty. Just got back from our first trip, electrics not working. We're told bring it back we will sort it. Next day poured rain, awning leaks Like a seive now being told that's our problem second hand van. I threatened to go to consumer affairs dealer now saying Will talk when we see you surely they are responsible.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Eden NSW
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: It us second hand but bought through a caravan dealer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything, they told us all was good with the van, we didn't see awning out as was in dealers yard and no room.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

They are clearly responsible for all of this damage and problems.

You have a choice, which is to return the caravan and demand your money back or to demand that they fix everything to your satisfaction and give you a caravan to use during the time that it is in the shop.

If they don't perform,then you can sue them for the full $17,500

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 21 days ago

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 19 days ago

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 18 days ago

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 17 days ago

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. A bonus is very much appreciated after you rate. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

Please rate the answer by clicking on 4 or 5 stars and close out the question.

A bonus is very much appreciated after you rate the answer.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 15 days ago

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer