Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Am I able to opt out of the purchase of a motorcycle if I

Customer Question

Am I able to opt out of the purchase of a motorcycle if I don’t like the test ride and I have a form stating they would offer me a test ride for the purchasing of said motorcycle?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New Mexico
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I’m not sure, this was my first time going to purchase a new vehicle. What would signify it has been?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I’m an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you. I don’t quite understand ... have you already purchased the bike or just gone for a test drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went in to do a test drive, but they didn’t have the model availabile. So I believe I had to purchase it in order to get it to come in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only wanted to do a test ride to see if I liked the motorcycle but I think they got me to purchase it. I was told I’d receive a test ride for the purchase stated on a we owe form but I’m unsure if I dislike the bike, that I’d still be able to opt out of the purchase.