Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Am I able to opt out of the purchase of a motorcycle if I…

Customer Question
Am I able to...

Am I able to opt out of the purchase of a motorcycle if I don’t like the test ride and I have a form stating they would offer me a test ride for the purchasing of said motorcycle?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I’m not sure, this was my first time going to purchase a new vehicle. What would signify it has been?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/19/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I’m an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you. I don’t quite understand ... have you already purchased the bike or just gone for a test drive?
I went in to do a test drive, but they didn’t have the model availabile. So I believe I had to purchase it in order to get it to come in.
I only wanted to do a test ride to see if I liked the motorcycle but I think they got me to purchase it. I was told I’d receive a test ride for the purchase stated on a we owe form but I’m unsure if I dislike the bike, that I’d still be able to opt out of the purchase.