Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have transmission work done at Aamco Transmission back in…

Customer Question
I have transmission work...

I have transmission work done at Aamco Transmission back in August and paid them $4500.00. On October 28, my VSA light came on, along with the engine light and the D(drive)light was blinking. My service manual says the D blinking is signaling a transmission problem. I called the transmission shop, they took my car back on October to handle under warranty. At first they did not believe it was a transmission, after keeping my car until November 10, finally called and stated they had to put a brand transmission in my vehicle. I received my vehicle back on November 14. After sitting in my driveway over night, I wake up the next day to puddle of transmission in my driveway, which is have photos. Once again I take my vehicle back to shop, now they stated they tightened the gasket and they are ordering another and will put it on on Tuesday November 21 - now during this time my vehicle is with them, I was stuck in the house, with no vehicle, missed my doctors appointment, had no way to get groceries, being a retired senior, I was fortunate enough to get my medicine before my car went back. During this time they originally said they would not have my vehicle all week, then gave a day it would be ready. Never bother to call to update me as to what was going on. Do I have any recourse for the emotional distress they put me through. Also I could have taken that $4500 and made a good deposit on a new car, now I can't even do that.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I live in New Castle, DE and shop is down the street in Bear. My vehicle is 2005 Honda Pilot.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, I however, call the dealership who advised me to take it back to Aamco, since they did the repairs, because if someone touched vehicle it would void my warranty.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I asked them several times if they would provide me with a rental vehicle and their response was "we don't do that". Also I called their corporate headquarters and spoke to someone, I don't remember her name, but she advised she would call the facility and get back to me, and she never called me back. I called corporate several times after that and they have never responded.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
I gave my question, if you don't have an answer, than never mind.
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
but I would like to wait until the put the gasket on on Tues. Also I like to ask I no longer feel safe in my vehicle.
Not a problem. Good luck.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer